At Bottle Jockey, we take pride in creating a fun, lively workplace for our staff and exceptional experiences for our customers. We live and breathe the wine, beer and spirits culture and enjoy ‘geeking out’ when conducting tastings or talking to our customers about the fine art of wine or craft beer. We are passionate about our products and even more passionate about going the extra mile for our customers. We have tasted, swirled, swished and spat our way through the aforementioned thousands, and have chosen ONLY the wines we feel are the best value; True crowd pleasers, each and every one of them. Our mission and mandate is to make wine, beer and spirits fun and enjoyable for everyone in an easygoing unpretentious environment.
The Store Manager will be responsible for running Bottle Jockey’s day to day business. This will be a hands-on role leading a small group of dedicated partners with accountability for driving the vision, integrity and sales of the store.
The many roles of Bottle Jockey’s Store Manager:
- Lead the day to day management & administration of our business
- Continuously manage and oversee all inventory and buying needs.
- Ensure that the store is always stocked and merchandised to the highest standard.
- Responsible for setting new standards for retail service and approachability.
- Lead by example to ensure continued growth for the business in all areas.
- Initiate new and exciting ways to manage and promote BottleJockey.ca
- Build Bottle Jockey’s social media presence online within our community.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people and communication skills, strong organizational skills and a passion for creating great experiences for customers.
- 1 year plus of retail management experience
- Experience hiring, scheduling, training
- Experience in ecommerce & social media marketing
- Cicerone & WSET certification would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- An ability to lead a team from a hands on role
- Ability to run a small business
Position Start Date: April, 2017 Compensation: Salary paid bi-weekly + Bonus + Benefits
To apply for this position please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Innes McCallum email@example.com Application Deadline: March 27th 2017